The Bondware Blog
This upgrade features the ability to customize your site for mobile devices.
How to make your site mobile ready: Go to the ‘Mobile’ tab on the top navigation menu of the admin dashboard. Click ‘Enable Mobile Template’. Select which sections you would like to show site visitors who are using a mobile device. Save changes.
How it works: Your site will automatically detect when a visitor arrives that is using a mobile device. If you have enabled the mobile template, the visitor will see the mobile version of your site. A link will appear at the top of the screen giving the option to always view the mobile version of your site or view the desktop version of your site. If you do not wish to present a mobile version of your site simply do nothing--the mobile version will not show until you enable it.
- Added a new ‘Mobile’ tab to the top navigation menu on the admin homepage.
- Added a new element: bwsections_mobile. This element is used for the mobile version of your site and gives you greater control over which articles are shown and how they are displayed.
- Added a new element: mobiletoggle. This element allows a user to switch back and forth between the mobile and desktop versions of your site.
- Updated article template editor.
- Added a default mobile template
- Added a default mobile article template.
- Added ability to move File Manager files to and from Amazon S3.
- Added ability to move article images to and from Amazon S3.
- Minor bug fixes.