Historical Release Notes:
Release Notes Version 53:
- Added capability of using rollover images on Link Section headings for dropdown menu element
Release Notes Version 54:
- Fixed bugs within the new Bondware search
- Added further functionality (date filtering) and brought dates back to Search
- Added spell checking to Search
- Improvements to the new File Manager
- Addressed errors in broadcast newsletters
- Fixed bugs with Bondware CSS and invalid element ID formatting
- Improved performance and use of several Elements
- Made sitemap.php more customizable and improved use of print_sitemap Element
Release Notes Version 55:
- Added support for member homepage templates with element support. This will allow modules to serve content to member homepages as specified by the site admin.
Release Notes Version 56:
- Added a section_full element for printing out article sections exactly as they appear in news.php
- Added capability of entering text to go into "alt" parameters in links to improve Search Engine Optimization
Release Notes Version 57:
- Fixed bugs in the new File Manager and improved the way files are uploaded
- Added ability to turn article sections on and off in the site map
- Added ability to flag article sections "Do Not Delete" to alert other site administrators to be careful
- Fixed problem with text fields cutting off text "unexplainably"
- Added a "Renovating" status to the Site Feature Toggles page (go there for more info)
- Added ability to download site member list in a .csv (comma separated values) file
Release Notes Version 58:
Release Notes Version 59:
Release Notes Version 60:
Maintenance release to support user roles for future modules.
Release Notes Version 61:
Numerous small bug fixes. One critical fix for a bug introduced in v. 58 related to site stability. This upgrade is highly recommended for all Bondware customers.
Release Notes Version 62:
This version contains several major changes which are listed below.
IMPORTANT: This upgrade includes a data conversion process for custom fields in your user database. Depending on the size of your membership and whether or not you use custom sign-up fields, this upgrade process may take SEVERAL minutes!
Do NOT hit the back button or close your browser!
If you experience any problems with this upgrade, please leave your browser window open and contact Bondware Support immediately.
- Includes a new and more flexible custom membership fields process
- Adds the ability to determine exactly which membership/profile fields are visible or required
- Converts all existing custom-field user data, if applicable
- Replaces the existing sign-up process with an overhauled, customized sign-up process
- Separates the "My Profile" page from the sign-up page into profile.php
- Adds method that performs email verification on all new users
- Improves admin-side member management
- Added premium1,premium2 flags to member download data
- Added "Admin?" checkbox to admin member add/edit function
Release Notes Version 63:
- Added a site toggle for notifying site admins when a new member joins.
- Added support for more background images and repeat options on each background image for the navigation sections and header. These options can be found on the Skins Page.
- Added support for description of member roles.
- General maintenance release.
Release Notes Version 64:
- Fixed a bug in the Download Membership List piece
- Added the ability to make the Membership Referral Source question optional or non-applicable
- Fixed a bug on the Sign-Up page
- Aestethic cleanup of the Sign-Up and Edit Profile pages
- Fixed bug in process to members to recover forgotten passwords via email
- Added Admin option to search for exact usernames
- Added option to turn off the primary sidebar entirely when using pull-down menu elements in header of a site.
Release Notes Version 65:
- Fixed a critical bug in the member authentication process.
Release Notes Version 66:
- Fixed a bug in the sign-up process so that prospective members can now re-send their validation email in case they never received it.
- Fixed a bug so that administrators can forcibly activate a user's membership if the user can't receive their validation email.
- Added an administrative button for user's of Bondware to click to provide feedback about their Bondware experience.
- In the administration end, added a warning notice of expiring sessions, and the ability to renew sessions in the background, for those administrators of our Intranet communities, so that any changes they are currently making will not be lost if they are logged off.
Release Notes Version 67:
- Made the visibility of custom membership fields on the profile and signup pages optional, changeable on the custom field edit page.
- Fixed a bug with multi-select checkboxes and options with apostrophes in custom fields.
- Added support for secure (SSL) logins to a site. In order to take advantage of this, a site must have it's own SSL certificate with same hostname for the secured & unsecured URL.
- There is a new toggle under the Admin|Site Setup|Site Address to activate this feature. This is required by new PCI guidelines for any site over a certain credit card transaction volume.
- Enhanced error message/instructions after login failure on an Intranet site.
- Added support for domain-wide cookies for saving session & login info. This is needed in larger sites that run Bondware on multiple servers in a clustered or load-balanced configuration.
Release Notes Version 68:
- CSS fixes to enable advanced features within skins.
- Session management changes to prevent bots/crawlers from overwhelming a site.
- Critical fix to prevent loss of site configuration settings in a very specific situation.
Release Notes Version 69:
This release includes the following new features and bug fixes:
- Fix for anonymous opinion posting on articles when member's session has expired
- Member type made optional on member profiles
- Blocking of member login from a given IP address after a number of failed login attempts. This prevents a brute force attack on Bondware username/password combinations.
- Extensions to member role permission system to support roles that expire in the future.
- Removal of blog terminology from Content Management system, replaced by "Submit Article" language.
Release Notes Version 70:
Improved failed login handling and reporting
Improvements to member management tools and help detail
Improved Web Forms to support multi-select form fields
Added CSS classes to section_withsumm & section_full elements
Release Notes Version 71:
This is a maintenance release that includes the following:
- Improved form processing for required fields
- Added Location in Profile to Who's Online (onlinemem.php)
- Fixed bug limiting Article graphics to JPG files. Now handles GIF,etc.
- Added support for new improved site level search (sitesearch.php) which gives site admin control of search result order, count and branding
- Misc improvements to member homepages
Release Notes Version 72:
Maintenance release to address a couple of minor security issues.
Release Notes Version 73:
This is a maintenance release that includes the following:
- Improvements to core newsletter features & alignment of core newsletter with advanced emarket features
- Added session count to Who's Online report
- Fixes to module hooks when adding members from an email list or syncing premium members
- Improved SEO optimization for member homepages
Release Notes Version 74:
In this version of the Bondware Core, we've made minor enhancements to continue to support HTML and XHTML Standards as set forth by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
Release Notes Version 75:
• Added ability to customize the browser title bar on the homepage under "Site Layout".
• Fixed a bug causing the header cell background to appear twice when not using the advanced header layout.
• Made improvements to the Sign-Up and Login processes, particularly with verifying new members' email addresses.
• Other general maintenance performed.
Release Notes Version 76:
This release, along with a few minor maintenance items, mainly includes the newest version of the HTML editor. This new HTML editor provides greater stability across many platforms and browsers and incorporates a File Upload process with it. The File Upload option enables you to dynamically upload and include images in your content without having to use the File Manager, all from within one window. Only administrators will have access to this new feature. Of course, the option remains to keep doing things as you always have, but we hope these changes will continue to make Bondware even easier to use.
Release Notes Version 77:
NOTICE: it is IMPERATIVE that you read these release notes before proceeding with your upgrade!
This release of the Bondware Core presents the combined work of over two months of planning, development, testing, and tweaking. The upgrade provides an entirely new administration interface for working with your Bondware site.
Before proceeding with your upgrade, you should check out the links below for more information on this upgrade and screenshots of the new interface. We know this is a lot of reading, but we ask that you do this and understand the new interface as much as possible so that you won't be taken by surprise by anything.
Bondware Launches New Site Administrator
New Administrator: Which Browser's Best?
Because of the nature of this upgrade, you will not be returned to the Module Management page when it is completed, but rather redirected to the administrator homepage. This is normal, so do not be alarmed. We also highly recommend you take a minute to clear your cache before confirming your upgrade.
Release Notes Version 78:
- Completed the Bondware Help Center
- Changed administrative menus so that administrators see actual module names rather than their "short names"
- Improved performance of the site and module licensing system
Release Notes Version 79:
- Added view counting for pages/articles
- Created the ability to have articles open in a new window
- Improved security for intranet sites
- Created the ability for intranet sites to make the homepage and sidebars visible to visitors
- Separated primary and secondary sidebar settings (width, bullets, etc) to make them more customizable
- Made changes to the login process to increase security and smoothness
- Made the login page welcome message and the sign-up page title variables controllable in Members -> Communications
- Added a Site Favicon (favorite icon or bookmark icon) setting to Design -> Basic Design Settings
- Performed some database and file system cleanup and maintenance after the changes made in the version 77 upgrade