The Bondware team is pleased to announce the general availability of Bondware version 4.25. Headlining this update is the seamless integration of Bondware's article image file manager with the cloud-based file storage system, Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service). What is Amazon S3? It's a cost effective, cloud-based file storage service that can be used in conjunction with your Bondware site to store and serve up article images. If you're currently paying overages or approaching the storage limit for your current plan, Amazon S3 is right for you. Find out more details about Amazon's S3 service, including their free tier.
Other updated features include the following:
- The ability to select defaults for uploaded image size and compression.
- Changed default rename behavior when uploading files through the File Manager.
- Added the ability to use a byline in the article_slideshow element.
- Added a link to upload a new file in the admin bar.
- Fixed bug with copying articles containing a slideshow.
Newsletter Pro Update
Earlier this week we released a new version (43), of our email marketing module, Newsletter Pro. This update offers some great new tools that allow you to expand the reach of your email editions and cool new ways of growing your mailing lists both on the web and off. New features include:
- The addition of template variables that allow your email editions to be easily shared to social media sites including Facebook, Google Plus, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Added HTML embed code that can be used to place a mailing list signup form on any website.
- Added a printable QR code that can be used to quickly link users to your mailing list signup form.
- The Bondware Site Members automated list now has the ability to be resynced with your current membership data.
TPA Winter Convention
Representatives from Bondware will be attending this year's TPA (Tennessee Press Association) Winter Convention February 6-7. If you're attending, feel free to drop by our booth and say hello.