This feature limits access to only the sections and articles.
To set up a writer: Login as an Admin.
- Go to: Content>>Manage Writers in the dropdown.
- Click the Add a Writer link in the top right navigation
This link will take you to a form where you can add site members as writers by their username.
Note: Go to: Members>>List Members to search for a member.
- Type in the username and click Submit.
You will be redirected to the Manage Writers page
- Select the username to edit the Bio and Byline.
The byline link does not have to be the username or name of the writer. It can be generic for example "Staff"
- Write a bio for the writer and even add pictures, video and links.
- Save Changes
If you would like to review and edit the articles submitted by a writer you can set them as pending for review by default.
Logging In as a Writer
Writer login: www.yourdomain.com/login
Writer Admin Bar
After logging in you will be redirected to the front end of the site.
The Admin Bar will display the Writer's Username and Writer restricted options
- Select Writer Panel to view articles
- Select Add an Article to create one
- Select your username to logout
The backend will have limited Writer options in the navigation, as well as only active, pending and closed articles written by that Writer.
Assigning a Writer as an Admin
- When creating an article as an Admin you can assign a Writer in the drop down of the Byline Options.
- When creating an article as a Writer the Byline Options are hidden.
The Byline will automatically populate on the front end when the article is saved.
The Article Byline Link
The byline will display the writer byline in the article full view.
It links to the Writer's Bio page and a list of recent articles by that writer.
Note: Adding a Byline Prefix
As an Admin go to: Content>>Content Preferences
Writer's Articles & Bio page
The member name of the writer will be displayed at the top of this page by default.
The page will display the full bio text including images etc, and a list of recent articles written by the Writer.
The Writers feature in Bondware meets Google News integration requirements.
Submit a support ticket: http://support.bondware.com/